Garfield teachers and some teachers from Orca K-8 have refused to administer the MAP test. MAP testing should end because:
- Teachers don’t know what the test covers and get no results back. The test has NO RELATION to what is being taught.
- SPS administrators admitted that the margin of error for the test is greater than expected gains. The test proves nothing.
- Ninth-graders cannot afford tolose classroom time.
- Scores are low because students don’t take the test seriously.
- Superintendent Maria Goodloe-Johnson was on the board of the corporation that sells the exam – a clear conflict of interest.
- No standardized test accurately reflects a student’s creativity and full potential.
What can YOU do?
- Tell your teachers, principal, PTSA, and Seattle Public School District staff and board that you oppose standardized testing in general and the MAP specifically
- Tell your teachers that you…
View original post 180 more words