Watch the video on Democracy Now!
Click here to see the final recommendations of the Teacher Work Group on Assessment
Seattle teachers have taken a historic stand for their students by refusing to administer the MAP test.
Here’s how you can help:
1. Call, email, and write to Seattle Public Schools Superintendent José L. Banda to let him know that you support the boycott and to demand that the participating teachers receive no disciplinary action.
Superintendent José L. Banda
Office of the Superintendent
P.O. Box 34165
Seattle, WA 98124-1165
2. Sign the online petitions:
- Change.org: Seattle Public Schools: Support Seattle teachers refusing to administer the MAP!
- SignOn.org: Petition to cancel the MAP® test in Seattle Public Schools
- SignOn.org: Support the Seattle Teachers’ Standardized Test Boycott
3. If you are part of a union or other organization, propose a solidarity resolution. You can see examples of resolutions and letters of support here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add it to our website.
6. Donate to the MAP Boycott Solidarity Fund on behalf of yourself or your organization.